The Twelve Traditions of S-Anon
The Twelve Traditions are guidelines for the life of individual
S-Anon groups and for S-Anon as a whole. These principles arose from
the experience of S-Anon groups and other long-established
Twelve-Step programs. They are the means by which S-Anon maintains
its unity and relates to the world around it.
- Our common welfare should come first;
personal progress for the greatest number depends upon unity.
- For our group purpose there is but one
authority a loving God as He may express Himself in our group
conscience. Our leaders are but trusted servants - they do not
- The relatives of sexaholics, when gathered
together for mutual aid, may call themselves an S-Anon Family
Group, provided that, as a group, they have no other
affiliation. The only requirement for membership is that there
be a problem of sexaholism in a relative or friend.
- Each group should be autonomous, except in
matters affecting another group or S-Anon or SA as a whole.
- Each S-Anon Family Group has but one
purpose: to help families of sexaholics. We do this by
practicing the Twelve Steps of S-Anon,
by encouraging and understanding our sexaholic relatives, and by
welcoming and giving comfort to the families of sexaholics.
- Our S-Anon Family Groups ought never
endorse, finance, or lend our name to any outside enterprise,
lest problems of money, property and prestige divert us from our
primary spiritual aim. Although a separate entity, we should
always cooperate with Sexaholics Anonymous.
- Every group ought to be fully
self-supporting, declining outside contributions.
- S-Anon Twelfth-Step work should remain
forever non-professional, but our service centers may employ
- Our groups, as such, ought never be
organized; but we may create service boards or committees
directly responsible to those they serve.
- The S-Anon Family Groups have no opinion on
outside issues; hence our name ought never be drawn into public
- Our public relations policy is based on
attraction rather than promotion, we need always maintain
personal anonymity at the level of press, radio, TV and films.
We need guard with special care the anonymity of all S-Anon and
- Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all
our Traditions ever reminding us to place principles above
This page was last
modified on 12/5/15.